Friday, September 18, 2015

Check Out These Views

As an intern at an arhcitecture firm, one of the worst things you have to do is make views for unbuilt projects. It's fun for some people, but those like me pray the work be given to some graphic designer or image designer. I mean, we're here to learn architecture. Teach us how to lay out pipes, let us work out some bathroom details, let us design. But views? Please, no.

Well, I guess I'm just bored of making a SketchUp model and rendering it on Lumion. I've been working ona chuildren's home in Takhel, Manipur, and the project has revelaed my lack of skills (and interest)in making 3D views.

Here's some stuff I made:



Clearly my work isn't as good as it should be. The above images were rendered only using Lumion as I am not familiar with any other rendering software, and because Lumion renders quickly and allows quick landscaping.

My sir showed me this awesome website a company that only generates views and yes, this is what views should look like. Although I'm sure they've used other software and probably have rendering farms, their work is still worth a look.
Rooftop Gardens
The Cave

Nordic Countryside


And this, my friends, is what views are supposed to look like.

For more, visit their website www.mir.no. And if you have tips for Lumion, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment